Wearing masks has highlighted how crucial our eyes and eyebrows are for communication. Men have also realised this, which explains the influx of men opting for brow threading or treatments. Even when masks become a distant memory in future, eyebrows will still be key for communication.
Men have bushier, thicker brows than women generally. Brow Queen Unaiza of Uniq Brows points out that, “when male brows are in poor shape, they are an unrelenting distraction. When they are in good shape, they accentuate your face and eyes spectacularly.” On the flip side of the infamous unruly male brow, several men have stepped through the Uniq Brow doors in the hope of finding a solution for their thinning brows.
“Men have more sebaceous (oil) glands than women and on average, produce double the sebum, which is why men generally have oiler skin than women. The oiler skin results in thinning brows for many men, which is why the Uniq Brow Serum is excellent for regrowing and maintaining brows when used consistently,” explains Unaiza.
She gives gents the do’s and don’ts when it comes to brow care:
- Do get your brows professionally shaped.
- If you’re in your late 30’s or older, watch out for thinning brows.
- Do not over-tweeze.
- Select your grooming method with the guidance of a professional brow expert. Ensure the professional services you select are experienced in working with male brows and can accurately assess what is best for you.
- Try some brow gel – it’s an easy way of filling in the gaps.
- Invest in your brows. A little time and investment goes a long way. This is part of not only grooming but also self-care.
From ensuring you find a fresh perspective on looking after your brows, which convey so much emotion when you’re communicating, to ensuring you’ve established a fuss-free skin care routine for yourself, there are health benefits to grooming that no one should overlook.
About Uniq Brows
They use a patented formula that uniquely measures brow shape for each individual face shape, Each brow should have a start, arch and end point suited to a specific face frame. No two people should have the same brow shape. Gone are the days of drawing on brows, plucking or tweezing.
Brow Shaping is an art form, it is a science; one which Uniq Brows have perfected over the past decade.